DR. PRASHANT SAXENA
Head -Pulmonology & Sleep Medicine & Senior Consultant -Critical Care
MBBS, MD, EDIC (Europe), FCCP (USA)
Dr. Prashant Saxena is Head – Pulmonology & Sleep Medicine and Senior Consultant Critical Care at Saket City Hospital. He underwent Fellowship training in Westmead & Liverpool Hospitals, Sydney, Australia. He is an expert in the field of Interventional Pulmonology & Critical Care.
Dr Saxena is committed to provide the highest level of comprehensive care possible to his patients. His patient centric approach, disease specific care plans based on evidence based practices & the latest advances in research have enabled the department to achieve the better patient outcomes. With more than 15 years of enriched experience, he holds clinical expertise in the management of various respiratory conditions including asthma, COPD, respiratory failure, ILD, pulmonary hypertension, cystic fibrosis, sleep disorders; smoking cessation; tuberculosis, bronchiectasis, pleural diseases, lung cancer etc.
Due to his special interest in infection control, he has developed simple but effective infection prevention bundle protocols which significantly reduced hospital acquired infections rates. He has also developed and implemented Antibiotics Stewardship program in the hospital in order to prevent emergence of Antibiotics resistance & decrease preventable hospital associated infections and cost of treatment. As a Chairperson of Cardiac Resuscitation Review Committee, he has introduced a concept of Rapid Response Team for patients in order to decrease the numbers of unexpected events in the hospital.
As an academic scholar, he has many publications and presentations credited to his name. He is also a member of the Editorial Board of the Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine. He has also conducted various workshops for general physicians of neighboring hospital on various topics like Sleep Disorders; Asthma ; Care of ventilated patient; End of life care, Mechanical ventilation,etc.
Pulmonologist in Max Saket
- Asian Patient Safety Awards 2015 for the project on ” BREATH EASY – Community based initiative to improve quality of care provided to Asthma Patients”
- Best Pulmonologist of North India 2015 –Health Care Excellence Awards by Prime time media
- BMJ South Asia Awards 2015 – Finalist- “Best Pulmonology team of the year”
- Best Pulmonologist of North India 2014– Worldwide Achiever’s Health Care Excellence Awards
- Asian Patient Safety Award 2014 for the project ” Reducing Restricted Antibiotics Consumption in order to ensure patient safety”
- Best Doctor of the year 2011- Fortis Vasant Kunj, Delhi